Tynan, one of my greatest mentors in life, posted a cool blog post a few years ago (I’m reading through his archives).
It’s 8 questions that really help you step back and take a look at the whole picture of your life.
Here’s my answers:
What do I want my life to look like?
- Always In Love
- I always want to be in the middle of at least one romance with a gorgeous and inspiring girl.
- I want to be able to seduce any woman in the world, and enjoy doing it.
- Ready to Rock
- I want my body to be in prime shape so that I can do any physical task that catches my fancy (parkour, sex, climbing, swimming, w/e)
- Socially Awesome
- I want to be able to befriend anyone in the world. I want to be surrounded by people who amaze me.
- I NEVER want to do work I don’t enjoy. I want to have an automated income that requires very little work on my part, and is enough to fuel my goals
- I want to go on non-tourist adventures all over the globe.
- Renaissance Man
- I want to be 60%-80% proficient in a huge array of skills (languages, coding, sports, cooking, etc.)
- I want to always be learning.
What do you want your life to look like on a daily basis?
- I want to spend time doing only things I truly enjoy (no boring tasks, and no low level satisfaction tasks)
- I want sex and love to be constant
- I want to try new things all the time
- I want to always be running a few projects
- I always want a “home” even if it’s only for a few weeks or months. A home must have fast internet, running water, and good food.
- I want daily routines that improve my life (like my morning routine), but still leave ample room for chaos and adventure.
- I want to be 100% real all the time, following only the rules that make sense to me, never hiding my intentions or self, and attractive to other people.
What would I like to be able to say I truly know in my life about my life?
I would like to know that I devoted my life to enjoyment and excitement, that I always improved my life and the lives of those around me, and that I was completely free to do whatever I wanted. And that I never gave into fear.
How would I like to be with other people in my life – friends, family, business associates, customers, employees, community?
I want to be a friend that helps my friends love their lives and achieve their dreams (without annoying them by pushing them). I want to bring them on adventures, excite their emotions, and always learn from and be inspired by them. I want to be the one they go to when they need help achieving a dream.
Sono Solo. When it comes to my family that I have now, I don’t really care much. I want to make my mum proud of me, and I want to spend some time with some family occassionally.
But, when I get a family of my own, I want to support (not guide) my kids. I will introduce them to a huge plethora of things and actively encourage any that catch their fancy.
I want my business associates to love working with me and to know that my dealings with them will always be mutually beneficial.
I want to amaze my customers with the huge amount of quality I give them. I want them to hold me in a place higher than most “good” companies and always know that I will help them through any jams.
I want my employees to love working with me and never feel like they are being screwed. I want to reward excellence and destroy mediocrity. I want to support forward movement create an environment that is a blast to work at, and give my employees the freedom to run their own lives.
As a whole, I dislike the community and I don’t want them to like me. I would like to be on cool terms with everyone I meet, but always considered a bit too rebellious
How would I like people to think about me?
I would like to be perceived as the kind of guy with whom time spent is an adventure. I want to be known for doing shocking and awesome things, and for it to be clear that I am far better than “normal” within a second of spotting me.
What do I want to be doing 2,10,20 years from now? At the end of my life?
2 years (age 20)
At this point, I want to have a good sized automated income and be travelling all over the world. I want to be making love to many gorgeous women, befriending and adventuring with many amazing people who inspire me, and learning a bunch of new skills all the time.
10 years (age 28)
Same as age 20. Except that I also want to be making some kind of awesome contribution to the world (maybe not as a whole, but definitely to the subset of awesome people)
20 years (age 38)
By now, I’ve probably got kids. I still want to be adventuring and in a community of parents who raise their kids while travelling with them. I want to homeschool my kids and support any passion they may have. I want my wife to be a girl who blows my mind on a daily basis, who I can chase the craziest of goals with, who is always improving herself (with me), who is brutally honest, and who I am not sexually magnanimous.
I also want to be rich at this point (for the main purpose of becoming immortal)
End of life?
I don’t even know if my life will end. I will pursue immortality and achieve the best form of it possible.
I think I’d want any funeral I have to be a celebration of my life, and be regarded with no sadness.
All I know is that I don’t wanna be normal.
What would I like to learn in my life?
I can’t think if anything I wouldn’t want to learn.
How much money will I need, and when?
For the next 10 years, $5000/month would be more than enough, and I could be doing awesome with as little as $3000.
When I have kids, this number will have to start to rise. I think I’ll need around $7000 to ensure that I can travel with my kids a lot and support any passion they have.
As I get very old, I will want as much money as I need to be immortal. I have no idea how much this may be, so I’ll have to adjust it as I go.