1) Contact my mentors
So I can have people I admire to learn from and bounce ideas off. And maybe teach and grow with as well
2) Learn copywriting
Same as get a paying gig, but on a more permanent basis and with a larger payment scale and more knowledge benefits.
3) Build An Automated Business
So I can have value to trade with other people AND time to spend on whatever I want.
4) Get A Paying Gig
So I can do experiments and see what I like and how to get capital off of it without worrying about food and small enjoyments and whatnot.
More detail on each:
Contact My Mentors
Measureable Goal: Get on a first name basis with 8 of my mentors by the beginning of July 2013.
Milestones: Learn some tips on contacting mentors (month 1). Contact 1 mentor. Contact 2-8+ mentors. Befriend 1 mentor. Befriend 2-8+ mentors.
- If I have not contacted 2 mentors by December 2012, I must quit the attempt and find another, slower way.
- If I have not contacted 8 mentors by July 2013, I will decide whether or not to continue reaching out, and how.
Measureable Goal: Be able to go from $0 to $6000 via copywriting by July 2013.
Milestones: Go from $0-$100/hour. Go from 0-10 hours/week. Increase skill (researching how to measure skill in copywriting).
- If I’m not making $190/week by December, I must quit the attempt or find another way.
- If I can’t make $6000 in two months by July 2013, I will decide whether or not to continue trying to make it with copywriting, and how.
Build An Automated Business
Measureable Goal: Make $1000/month with less than 4 hours of work a month by July 2013.
Milestones: Make my first $100/month via an automatable source. Make my first $200-1000/month via an automatable source. Make my first $100/month via an automated source. Make my first $200-1000/month via an automated source.
- If I’m not making $300/week via an automatable source by December, I must quit the attempt or find another way.
- If I can’t make $1000/month with less than 4 hours of work a month by July 2013, I must decide whether or not to continue to try and make an automated income and how.
Get A Paying Gig
Measureable Goal: Get a gig that pays $100/week, and keep it until you are making $100/week in anther way.
Milestones: Apply to 50 jobs. Get a gig. Quit my gig.
- If I don’t have a gig by the end of August 2012, it must become my top priority.
- If I still have a gig I don’t adore by July 2013, I must quit and find another way to support myself.
More depth here: July Review & August Plan