This is part of The Daily Meditation Experiment, where I am practicing one school of meditation per week to understand the overall structure & effects of each.
Meditation Method: Free Style
I sit or lie down, eyes closed, for 5-20 minutes.
I listen completely to a song OR feel my body’s emotions and focus on accepting & solving them OR I do a century count of 100 deep breaths OR try not to focus on anything at all OR something else.
Adherence: On & Off
I practiced free style meditation from April 28th to May 24th. My longest streak was 9 days, and I meditated for a total of 22/27 days.
Results & Thoughts
I’ve seen some impressive results. I’ve gotten perspective on a lot of seemingly huge emotional problems, had entire days where I was calm simply because I had meditated, and discovered how hard it is to quiet the mind and not be taken over my thoughts or emotions.
- Increased & lasting calm.
- Reminded that everything will be okay.
- Big problems made not so big. Solutions created.
- Almost always feel better after meditating than I did before.
- Learned that quieting the mind is difficult.